Desiccant Dehumidification systems use a desiccant medium which provides a lower vapor pressure than the surrounding air; as such the water molecules are then adsorbed / absorbed into the desiccant providing dryer air. There are two main forms of desiccant media, one liquid and the other dry. Alfa Laval Kathabar is the only company in the world who can provide both products thus ensuring the customer is provided with the best solution for the process / product / application. There are two main types of desiccant dehumidification systems; Liquid Desiccant & Dry Desiccant. To learn more about these types of dehumidification and of our product lines, please follow the links below.
Alfa Laval Kathabar can provide an Energy Value Comparisons (EVC) upon request which compares the technologies below and traditional refrigeration to show which type best fits the application.
Advantages of Liquid Desiccant Dehumidification
- High energy efficiency
- Can make use of low cost coolant and heat sources
- Provides anti-microbial filtration of incoming air without the need of added filtration & pressure drop
- Applicable for relative humidity's between ~18-80%
- Find out more about Liquid Desiccant Dehumidification
Advantages of Dry Desiccant dehumidification
Advantages of Niagara "No-Frost"
- Food grade (USDA Approved) glycol based liquid desiccant
- Frost-free operation at temperatures as low as (-60°F)
- Industrial design using all 304 stainless steel construction
- Provides anti-microbial filtration of incoming air
- Find out more about Niagara "No-Frost"